At some point you are going to have to prove who you are. To do this you are going to need some identification (ID). There are several pieces of ID that you may be requiring. Check out the following links to acquire the ID you need.
Birth Certificates
If you were born in Canada your Birth Certificate is issued by the province or territory that you were born in. Your Birth Certificate will be needed in order to get other forms of identification. If you know where you were born, click on the link below to see how to contact the province or territory office that applies to you.

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number used in the administration of various Canadian government programs. You will require a SIN to work in Canada or to receive government benefits.

B.C. Driver's License
You can use a driver's license as picture ID in many situations. ICBC has a great deal of information on getting licensed in BC on their website. If you don't want a driver's license then check out BCID as an alternative.
B.C. Identification Card
B.C. Identification (BCID) cards are very useful if you are not a driver, and do not have a British Columbia driver's license.

BCID cards are typically used as identification in any situation where you might use a driver's license. (You must, however, have a valid driver's license to drive a car in B.C.) (
Canadian Passport
Planning on traveling outside of Canada? You will likely need a passport. Here is some information on getting your Canadian Passport.

2010 Pacific Community Resources Society     Home  
  About Us    Contact Us    Admin Login   
Empowered by Port 80 Solutions